Since 2018, The Synthesis Institute has been offering legal, medically-supervised and science-based psychedelic wellness retreats near Amsterdam for open-minded individuals who want to experience psychedelics for integrative healing and expansion potential.
Standing on years of experience and a reputation for offering world-class psychedelic retreats, Synthesis is uniquely qualified to set the standard for practitioners to safely, ethically and effectively support people on a journey for healing. As a result, in 2020, we opened registration for the Psychedelic Practitioner Training, a 12-month professional certification program that offers current leading-edge thinking and modalities associated with guiding clients through safe and ethical psychedelic journeys. The inaugural cohort began training in April 2021.
With the FDA designating psychedelic therapy a “breakthrough therapy,” and thereby helping to speed up the process of researching and approving it to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), a new era is now upon us—one in which psychiatrists will be able to legally prescribe psychedelics in the United States.
Deeply rooted in a vision that everyone should have access to mental health and well-being, Synthesis is uniquely poised to usher in this new era, pioneering as a global leader in advancing research, convening community, educating the public and engaging in activism to promote safe and legal access to psychedelics.
The Synthesis Institute is based in Amsterdam in The Netherlands, with the Digital Education division based in Oregon in the United States. We are accepting candidates globally and will consider candidates willing and able to work remotely.
We seek a full-time Customer Support Specialist to support our external community. The ideal candidate will be a sincere, motivating and inspiring guide to our customers by means of providing accurate, up to date content and kind, considered responses. This person must thrive in a fast-paced and startup environment, and be comfortable organizing and leading multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
- Work in CRM tool: leveraging technology for highly personal customer communications (Netsuite, Hubspot or other)
- Ensure coverage all of communication channels (e.g., support inbox, forms, chat and online community)
- Monitor booking (automation and manual) in our CRM
- Collect customer information in preparation of various retreats
- Check-in with, and relay important updates between the Retreat, Health Screening, Marketing, Digital Products and Development Teams
- Offer technical and content-related support to our Exploration Call Team, Health Screening Team and Digital Education Team
- Ensure consistency across our website, contact forms and customer-facing documents
- Assist the Synthesis educators team in boosting sales and performance. This responsibility can include setting up appointments or following up with customers after their first interaction with a Synthesis educator
- Maintain relationships with active community members.
- Moderate questions and comments on all our communication channels, including social media
- Make sure all prospect and customer questions are answered quickly and clearly
- Know products inside and out to provide most accurate information to customers
- 3+ years experience building and leading a customer service department and team
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent in work experience in a relevant subject area such as Business Administration, Health Care Management, Nursing, Computer Science related field, Information Systems, Communications, or related field
- Expert of insightful, informed and warm responses, ensuring customer comfort/confidence at all phases of the customer journey
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- You can read between the lines to understand and cater to the needs of our community
- Deep personal experience with altered states
- Feels personally inspired by the tremendous potential of psychedelics to positively change our collective healthcare and wellbeing landscape
- Familiar with the professional and scientific psychedelic landscape.
- Have self-care and inter-personal integrity as a top priority in your personal life
- Maintains a daily committed personal (spiritual) practice
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Proven track record of excellent performance: honest, ethical, and dependable
- Effective analytical ability to develop and analyze options, solve complex problems and recommend solutions
- Have highly-effective judgment to make sound and responsible decisions and remain grounded under stress
- Have the ability to be flexible and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new skills
- Experience in strategic planning and helping to ensure the efficient operation and growth of the department
- Exceptional boundaries and containment in your leadership style
- Ability to lead through frequent changes in duties and volume of work
- Inspires confidence, appropriate risk taking and achievement of high standards
- Models professionalism: excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc
- Excellent delegation skills
- Skilled at de-escalation and conflict management
- Experience working in a culturally diverse team
- Experience working in a multinational organization
- Experience with Asana, HubSpot, & Netsuite, or similar
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance and salary review